September 27, 2006
Live Talking Heads
Posted by Bill
Last night I attended the Pajamas Media panel at the National Press Club. A few quick impressions:
* The panel went pretty well, though some responses to questions ran a bit long. Cable news formats may have destroyed my attention span. Not to mention ...
* ... the top-shelf open bar.
* Jane Hall showcased some amusing involuntary(?) facial expressions while listening to right-wing panelists speak.
* The open bar had 86-proof Kentucky bourbon.
* Glenn Reynolds displayed no visible antennae, wires or other electronic components. His grip was warm and remarkably flesh-like, and his optics tracked movement with reptilian smoothness. Remarkable.
* Juan the Press Club bartender: libatory magician. A healer, really.
* A blogger from the New York Times shot the panelists some skeptical questions, one asking if blogging increased partisanship because people could "choose news" that fit a worldview. Best counter-argument**:
"Like the people who read the New York Times?" -- Val Prieto.
* The Press Club was a nice setting, despite the lights flickering wildly in the presence of such concentrated nerd energy.
* Pajamas Media is holding a contest to nickname political independents. My suggestion: "Wild Turkeys."
Posted by Bill at September 27, 2006 12:38 PM | TrackBack (2)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Glenn Reynolds just like UNCLE MARTIN in the classic TV series MY FAVORITE MARTIAN will he have those little antanaes popping up every so often?
Posted by: BIRDZILLA at September 27, 2006 02:56 PM
Wild Turkeys is head and shoulders over any of the tepid candidates they've culled from the dozens of suggestions they say they've received.
Posted by: Sissy Willis at September 27, 2006 04:38 PM
And what, I just suck? And here I was looking forward to some patented Bill snark in describing my in-person persona. Geez, I don't even get cheap android cracks... no respect, I tell you...
Posted by: N.Z. Bear at September 27, 2006 04:42 PM
Oops. How about:
And NZ "Bear", who despite the implication of his handle, did not show up with Andrew Sullivan.
Posted by: Bill from INDC at September 27, 2006 04:51 PM
I feel all redeemed now...
Posted by: N.Z. Bear at September 27, 2006 05:08 PM
Yeah, but how was the booze?
Posted by: Phil Smith at September 27, 2006 05:15 PM
I missed N.Z. Bear! Man, this is killing me... I met so many great people, but I can't get over all the folks that were there that I missed!
Anybody going to the happy hour that Ace is planning for tonight? I'd like a second shot at this.
Posted by: SMASH at September 27, 2006 05:20 PM
Just for reference:
Posted by: SMASH at September 27, 2006 05:29 PM
NZ Bear was there? And I didn't get to meet him!
Posted by: Fausta at September 27, 2006 08:21 PM
Bill, why didn't you tell me you were there? I probably saw you and didn't recognize you! Well, it's as if we met, because we were both there.
Posted by: Eric Scheie at September 27, 2006 09:41 PM
I blame the Wild Turkey.
Posted by: Bill from INDC at September 27, 2006 09:43 PM
Wild Turkeys is good, BTW!
(Although I'm a Nottatarian.)
Posted by: Eric Scheie at September 27, 2006 09:44 PM
NZ Bear was there?
Posted by: Yehudit at September 28, 2006 01:11 PM
I like the wild turkey idea. It was what Ben Franklin suggested our national bird be.
Posted by: MikeTheLibrarian at September 29, 2006 06:54 AM
I don't like to think of political independents as "turkeys." Too easy for the others to make fun of us.
Posted by: Yehudit at September 29, 2006 02:56 PM
Posted by: nikelir at October 13, 2006 09:36 AM
Posted by: tester at October 13, 2006 11:55 AM
Posted by: topicstarter at October 16, 2006 02:06 PM
24f1b790a5cf Great work upskirts upskirts
Posted by: upskirts at November 29, 2006 05:39 PM